Linkblog

I’ve created a new linkblog on Mastodon, which is to be a feed of interesting things I’ve found on the web. There’s not much there yet, as I only started it, uh, an hour ago; so please be patient. But the point is that I come across tons of interesting stuff in my RSS reader, but I don’t want to spam my main Mastodon account with links. So linkblog is there as an option for those who are interested. You can read it wherever you get your ActivityPub.

To power the linkblog, I reused the same code that I used for the fediverse feed for this blog. It’s dead simple Python: not super polished, but effective at doing what I need with minimal fuss. This is also me doubling down on RSS, which powers the linkblog. I’ve added a ton of academic journals to my RSS reader recently, as well as topped up my collection of blog feeds. Sharing my picks of the best from those feeds is the whole point of the linkblog.

Of course you can follow this project as an RSS feed too, if that’s your preference.

This entry was posted in mastodon, rss. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Subscribe to this blog